Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Jamboree and Carol Concert

Hey~ so I had fun looking around at all the different booths at jamboree this past thursday. There were many different things to look at and learn about.. I really enjoyed the booth why we eat what we eat. They had eggs to sample and I stood in a tiny space that showed how much room chickens got in a cage. I also learned what parts of my tongue tasted what. Another booth i really enjoyed was one on Asian culture. They were all really friendly there and I got a tattoo and a oragomi dog mad for me. Many of the booths were not so friendly however. A couple of times I would go up to a booth and look at things, not really knowing what it was all about and the person running it didn't say a thing.. It made me quite unconfortable.. But over all I had a fun time there
I also attended the UMM carol concert this past Saturday. It was really super good! At the beginning they had a flute choir playing christmas music. Having played flute in high school, I really enjoyed it! Laura played a fabulous solo.. and all the songs sounded great! Then the choir sang many beautiful songs and had wonderful solos! I also liked how every once in a while the crowd was supposed to sing along to some familar christmas songs.. it just makes me anxious for christmas! Plus they had a little section where they read and acted out the story of how the grinch stole christmas.. who doesn't enjoy that story!?

No comments: